Wednesday 10 October 2012

The Banyan Tree Bangkok

I have just recently returned from The Banyan Tree Bangkok which was magnificent.

The hotel is located in the central business and embassy district on South Sathon Road, the hotel is 40 minutes' drive from Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

As you arrive at the hotel you are welcomed by a fire pit in the court yard, and staff dressed in traditional Thai attire. The hotel has a grand reception, along with a fantastic bar and 12 different restaurants.
I booked into a deluxe room and it exceeded my expectations. The room had a spacious bedroom, en-suite bathroom, adjoining living room and fully equipped work station and had lovely touches such as the aromatherapy burner with daily selection of essential oils, as well as the incense burner.

After familiarising myself with my room I then spent the afternoon by the roof top pool, which had panoramic views across Bangkok.

I then spent the evening at Vertigo and Moon Bar,o
ne of the top ten roof top bars in the world. This bar/ restaurant was one of the best places I have ever had a drink in, you need to visit it to believe all you read about it. After travelling in the elevator, you arrive at Vertigo 61 floors later to an absolutely stunning view of Bangkok.

I only had a few drinks here, as they were fully booked for dinner (you have to book in advance). A lot of people on various travel review websites say it is overpriced (I paid about £6 for a Vodka Lemonade, which is the same as in the UK) but I would say you pay for what you get and that is a stylish, sophisticated roof top bar.

If you are planning a trip to Bangkok, then this is the place to stay.






















































 





















Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment